Thursday, October 13, 2011

Do department stores in Japan sell fur?

Question:


My question is literally just like the title. I received an answer from another question that I asked "Are there fur stores in Japan?" and the answer that I received said that furs are sold in department stores in Japan. Now I don't really think that is true, but what do I know. Can someone please enlighten me! Is it true or is it like America where you have to go to an actually fur store to buy a fur?

Thanks

Answer:


Takashimaya, Mitsukoshi, and other expensive department stores do sell fur items. Fur is much more popular in Japan than it is here. There is usually a fur stole worn over the kimono at the coming of age day celebration. There is also fur trim on coats, boots, and hats. Now, a lot of it is fake but the stuff sold at good department stores will be real. And incidentally, that is the same as in the U.S. Sax Fifth Avenue and some Macy's do sell fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment