Friday, November 25, 2011

Questions about Japanese Culture. Guaranteed 10 points to best answer.?

Question:


I am writing a novel and I need to know strong details about the following things;

What would you find inside a Japanese tea house? (With name of each item)

What are the plates, cups, bowls, utensils, whatever - that they eat with? (With name of each item)

What kind of teas do they drink?

What are the short tables called?

Are the cushions called table pillows?

Any other vocabulary I should know?

If you give me even more details then I ask, I'll love you forever and award 10 points to the best answer.

Thanks SO much! I appreciate all the help :)

Answer:


Tea house? You mean chashitsu(茶室), chaya/chamise(茶屋/茶店), ochaya(お茶屋)?

They are all different.

For Chashitsu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chashitsu

No comments:

Post a Comment