Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where is the best place to ski in Japan with great powder, not far from Tokyo, and avoiding radiation?

Question:


I'm looking to go to Japan to Ski in January for Chinese New Years and I hope to be able to get a pretty good deal because of the recent earthquake and nuclear plant situation. I have heard that a lot of the good places are north of Tokyo, and I don't want to even be traveling by train within 80 km of the Fukushima.

I'm a boarder actually, and love back-country boarding in deep powder and I'm not afraid to hike a ridge for the perfect run.

I'd like a place that has good hot springs nearby, easy access to the mountain from less-than-exorbitant accommodations, and I'm 26 so I'd appreciate an interesting local nightlife scene for a couple drinks one or two nights I'm there.

Travel time is between January 22-28...

THANKS!

P.S. can you fly into Hokkaido??

Answer:


The best place is Hokkaido.
Hmm, I agree with you not to go within 80Km of Fukushima.
Japanese Government and TEPCO couldn't control Fukushima Nuke.
It's better to think what things might happen in the worst case.
Maybe bad report will be not disclosed or disclosed very later...

Anyway, I recommend you to go GALA Yuzawa.
It's easy to access. You can go straight Tokyo station to there by Joetsu Shinkansen without change.
Snow is not best but very good to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment