Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can you use amazon instant in Japan?

Question:


I just moved to Japan and I'm missing some of my favorite TV shows... I know Netflix streaming doesn't work, but I can't find any information about Amazon Instant.

Can anyone help me? Is there another (legal) streaming service that would be better? I don't mind paying a little, I just don't want to pay by the episode (ahem, itunes).

Answer:


if you have a netflix account, you can get it to work. It's semi-legal.

basically, get hotspot shield, which is a free VPN service. Then go to netflix and log in to your streaming account, and go to the netflix streaming page. After that, close hotspot shield (cause it slows down your connection a lot) and then you can watch netflix streaming shows. They only check when you access the site at first, not constantly, so this gets you past that. Again, it's only if you have an actual netflix streaming account, though.

If taht doesn't work... go with torrents. Not legal, but oh well. I too am a fan of the big bang theory and that's the only way I've found to watch them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment