Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Is living in Japan more difficult than living in Europe?

Question:


Now, I know there is the language barrier in Japan (most people aren't fluent in Japanese), but I mean apart from that...

The job market, the cost of living, the quality of life, the people, etc.

Do you think living in Japan will be difficult? Why? Why not? (I am fluent in Japanese, therefore I am considering moving to Japan for a while--I have the visa too). :)

Answer:


It really depends. In the big cities (esp Tokyo), the cost of living is VERY high! In smaller cities and towns, the cost of living is not that bad.

They won't even look at you twice if you can't speak Japanese(shouldn't be a problem for you :)). If you can speak fluent Japanese, you probably won't have a problem getting a job. (My nurse's son went to Japan to work and only when he learned Japanese was he socially accepted.)

It might take a little while of getting used to the culture because the Japanese and more conservative than Western people. But the younger generation is more open-minded though.

It also depends on how well you adapt to new things. Some people I know said that it wasn't much of a problem when they moved to Japan but some even mentioned that they couldn't keep up with the Japanese people because they walk really fast -.-. So it mostly depends on you but I'd say go for it. You wouldn't know unless you try it :). Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment