Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cell phone fees - bank accout?

Question:


I want to buy a cell phone in Japan but for that I need a bank account and a cash card.
In Mizuho Ginko they refused and said that they'll open an account only when I've stayed in Japan for 5 month.
I've heard that a Japan Post Bank allows to open a savings account easily.
But will I be able to pay with it my cell phone fees??
Thank you

Answer:


you can always use rental cell phones or prepaid ones. i know its more expensive than getting regular phone. you can look internet for those services or even at Narita airport, they offer them. i think there was a student dscount also.

as fas as ARC, you can apply if you are staying in japan more than 90days. maybe you should try to apply, because there are other benefits to do so. i think you can get some medical insurance with the ARC card, but im not for sure.

hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment