Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I didn't write "Japan" on an address for a card I sent to Japan, but will it still reach Japan?

Question:


Hello,

Well last week Wednesday I sent an anniversary card to my girlfriend who lives in Japan. Today is Tuesday night here, and she still has not received it. I am assuming the reason for it not arriving yet is because I did not write "Japan" for my girlfriend's address; I went to the post office and paid the correct postage so it's not a postage problem. Could that be the potential reason for the card not arriving yet? If so, will it arrive eventually?

FYI I also did not write "USA" on my return address, so for all I know it could be lost in a limbo somewhere.

Answer:


As has been already said, your mail is lost forever. If a smart postal worker recognises the city in Japan, you have a chance (these guys are not usually smart). Best to save the day and send an e-card (the free ones are rubbish so try the paid ones)

No comments:

Post a Comment