Thursday, April 28, 2011

How important is the intonation in Japanese?

Question:


I'm currently learning Japanese, and I have a pretty good foundation on the basics of the language. Now I'm kinda just going over those "small" steps that would make speaking the language sound a little more... correct! I want to have at least some idea of what the intonation should be like, but say I didn't follow the intonation rule. Is the intonation GREATLY significant? Or can you go without it? Though I want to get a firm grasp on it.

And also, if you're able, can you maybe give me a "summary" of the intonation? Or maybe give me a basic understanding? I know Wikipedia has a page on the intonation, but, idk. I like getting them from a persons own words. Lol.

Answer:


The intonation comes naturally , its the same as any language.

In casual Japanese questions are asked with a rising intonation. Just as you do with any word.

Its just like any language. You should be able to do it naturally.


Heres some websites that teach Japanese

http://www.123japanese.com

- Teaches full Japanese lesson free
- Polite, Casual and slang Japanese (all Japanese)
- Fully explains lessons
- Teaches kanji and kana aswell
- Has video lessons
- Books, vocabulary lists and a forum to help you learn



http://www.japanesepod101.com

- Has many lessons
- unfortunately not free, you only get 1 week free trial (but just keep signing up with fake email)
- Teaches polite and casual Japanese


http://www.maggisensei.com

- It teaches random lessons
- Detailed lessons on wide variety of topics
- Casual and polite Japanese

No comments:

Post a Comment