Thursday, April 28, 2011

What are some good program to teach english. . .?

Question:


. . .in Japan? I'm sad I didn't make it into Jet. But I'm over it. I'm wondering what would be the next best thing/program I could do in Japan.

Thank you!

Answer:


What kind of teaching are you looking at? In Japan you can work for an eikaiwa like NOVA, GEOS, ECC or AEON, for a private English School or as an ALT in a public/private school. I have worked in all three areas and highly recommend working as an ALT in a real Japanese school as it was the most rewarding experience for me. Most major language schools now operating recruitment offices overseas, so you can actually organise and set up an interview without having to be in Japan.

Most recruiters for teaching positions in Japan will require the following:

1. Native English Speaker
2. Full Bachelor Degree (in any field)
3. Basic Japanese Ability

They also prefer actual teaching experience and qualifications like ESL, CELTA or TEFL.

Working in Japan http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010…

No comments:

Post a Comment