Thursday, April 28, 2011

What should I expect on a trip to Japan?

Question:


I plan on taking a trip to Japan next summer or winter and I have A LOT of questions on things I should expect, costs and recommendations!

Now i plan to save at least $5,000 for the trip, I want to know if that will be enough? (it's only going to be me going.)
I would also like to know if I should go during the summer or winter? (Pros and cons)
Where should I go? I have no idea where I should visit, although I do know I want to go to a bathhouse!
What should I expect when I get there, for people who have been to Japan were there things you saw, people you met or anything that took you off guard?

Please feel free to add anything you think I may need to know as well!
Thank you!

Answer:


Are you going solo? then 5k is enough. I'm not really sure how much plane tickets will cost by then.
You'll have so much choices on where to visit. I personally would just recommend the Kansai region (Osaka-Kyoto-Nara-Kobe). It has bathhouses, ryokans and more traditional spots that you as a tourist will enjoy.
Tokyo is also great though, as it's Japan's icon and image.
Summer would be pretty very hot and sometimes rainy. I recommend autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment