Monday, May 2, 2011

Can I go to japan without knowing the kanji,and studying the language?

Question:


I was just wondering if you have to know all japanese kanji to go to Japan.If I am pretty good at the language can I still go as an exchange student?

Answer:


You can get by most of the big cities and tourist areas without knowing a lot of Japanese. Most of the signs are in both Japanese and English. A lot of Japanese can speak basic English although they are a little hesitant in using it at times. Restaurants a lot of the time will have a menu in English or with pictures. That said, I would always recommend learning some basic Japanese before your trip as this will make your experience more enjoyable. Try picking up a good Japanese phrase book to help and I also recommend Lonely Planet Japan as a guide book.

Travel to Japan http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010…

No comments:

Post a Comment