Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm going to study in japan in about a year is there something I need to know about behaving and etc?

Question:


I want to know how to behave properly in Japan, I am currently studying the language, but is there something I need to know? About dressing, acting, making new friends, also are there any words that I can mix with english and Japanese? Like cold sore, in Japan they say herpes. <- That kind of stuff makes me frustrated, so if there's anything you know?

I am well aware of how strict the schools and teachers are, don't worry about that.
Any advice and help would be good! I am gonna live with a Japanese family, I kind off want to know how to act around them too. I wanna show them my respect you know? Should I tell them I'm home when I arrive? ''Tadaimasu!'' <- etc.

Things like that is freaking me out too, and I want to be prepared! || If you're not experienced with Japan at all, please don't even bother giving me advice.
I'm Norwegian by the way.

Answer:


Be yourself, be courteous, and if you're not sure about anything, ask first. You can learn a lot on behavior and etiquette at
www.thejapanfaq.com/FAQ-Manners.html
www.japan-guide.com/e/e622.html

No comments:

Post a Comment