Friday, July 15, 2011

Commonly Used Japanese Slang/Colloquials?

Question:


I'm practicing my Japanese, and I need more vocab in my practice. So, (I'd prefer if you actually knew the language, not just watch the animes) I'm mostly looking for casual phrases or slang, but stuff like "Oh, can I have this one?" or "necessity" words/phrases are helpful too. The one with the most vocab (and accurate) gets my vote[:

Answer:


I think that's a good opportunity to learn Japanese that sounds more natural rather than Japanese sounding like a text book. (It's important to learn basic structure from a text book, though)
----- edited
While having posted my translations here, people (non Japanese) really care if the expressions are polite (formal) or informal (casual). But actually being too formal often makes distance between people. Remember, being casual doesn't mean being rude.
For example, the following page shows how our colloquial expressions work. (some are too casual, though..)
http://nihongo.3yen.com/category/colloqu…

No comments:

Post a Comment