Friday, July 15, 2011

Why do Wapanese, Weeaboos, Japanophile, and Otakus praise Japan, but hate America?

Question:


No offense to you anime fans, but as for me I like anime and I love watching it, every now and then, but here is the thing, the "anime-obsessed fans" is what i'm preferring to. However I find wapanese kids to be annoying, my high school is infested with them, The ones that piss me off the most are the ones who are like "I'M ACTUALLY 1/15th JAPANESE SO TECTNICALLY I AM JAPANESE!!!" Its bad enough that they obsess over anime, but they are constantly bashing America, our proud country, saying that America sucks, America don't have advanced technology like Japan, American cartoons are infantile, to make a long story short, they think Japan is waaayyy superior than America.

Answer:


High school. Enough said.

Their minds are quite... lets say, drastic at this stage. As soon as they find something that they like, and that's different, they'll be convinced that what they have now sucks and isn't enough, and doesn't even come close to the awesomeness of something that they THINK is so great.

Trust me, I hate them just as much as you do. I've been to both America and Japan, and love both. They are basically making a mockery of the culture that they're supposed to love by being that obsessed with it.

Hopefully, they'll grow out of this phase before long, whether they visit Japan or not. I only know one person who's 21 years old and still Wapanese, so it's a good sign that when they grow up a little and mature, and find different likes and interests, they'll stop being Wapanese.

If they really start to get annoying though, just remind them that Anime wouldn't even EXIST today if it wasn't for American cartoons to influence it after the war. So what they think is infantile, is actually what brought Anime about in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment