Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fishing Harbors in Japan?

Question:


(research for story) what sort of jobs do they do? I read once in a book (but it was set back at an older date) they went out in a small boat and dived for oysters? Do they still do that today or is it for something else? If you could telling me fishing harbors with those sort of jobs or even a market in the cities of Yokohama, Aomori, Matsushima, Sendai, Tokyo (is Tokyo even by water? Doubt it but that's why I'm asking you!) Shinkansen, and Fukkuota? (I may have spelt that wrong sorry)
If you can't get all the cities that's fine. I mostly want to know the ones in Yokohama and some of the last ones I said. Thanks!

Answer:


There is not just one "fishing job" in Japan. It depends.

Some cities have many large ships and go to distant Oceans. Some of them go as far as to Europe. And take a lot of fishes. Many kinds of fishes.

You did not say anything like "fishing" in your previous question. So I said Yokohama. But Yokohama is not a fishing town. It's a port city used for transportation by sea.

Sendai is devastated in March earthquake and tsunami. So if you want to write a story of Japan NOW, there is no fishing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment