Sunday, August 14, 2011

I need help getting a visa for japan.?

Question:


Ok here is my situation. My girlfriend is in the military and got stationed in Japan. We talked about me coming to live with her.I have no idea on how to get a visa so I can stay there for 2 years. Everything I find online contradicts what the last page I read said. If some one could help clear this up I would appreciate it greatly.

Answer:


It's easy!
Get married with her, then you can be her spouse or dependent (doesn't matter).
Then, you will be her "family member." All the family members of USFJ personnel (excluding their relatives) are automatically entitled to stay in Japan based on the SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement) between Japan and the US. You don't need a job in Japan or college degree as long as she is a formal member of the United States Forces in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment