Sunday, August 14, 2011

Potential Lost Japanese International Package?

Question:


I ordered a package from Japan in May and it shipped nearing the end of May. I chose Seamail with tracking on it to be shipped to California. I still have not received the item which I thought was usual because of it going by sea.

However, I got a letter by USPS saying "An empty wrapper with your address was found in the mail and is believed to have been separated from a parcel during handling." I filled out the Parcel Search request form and mailed it. It weighs 5kg and the person that sent the package believes that a package of that size should not be easily missing.

The sender told me that there are three copies of my address on it and I only received one of those copies in the envelope. Is there a possibility that I will still receive my package even though I got that letter from the USPS?

Answer:


Thousands of packages are sent from Japan to the US every month. Once in a while one will get "lost".
Yes, it's still possible you'll get your package. But after 2. months, it doesn't look good. I hope it was insured & can be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment