Monday, September 5, 2011

How much does a hotel cost in Japan?

Question:


I've been to Japan many times before in the past to visit people, but I never stayed in a hotel... how much will it cost normally to stay there? I know in the summer it's crazy hot, but I go in the winter usually since the winters up in my country are freezing cold! But I'm used to it :)

Anyways, how much will it cost? I want to move around a lot like from city to city I guess. I have like a $3,000 budget. That's also including the plane ticket I have to get which for me is about 1200, less (I get plane tickets for a lower price).

Answer:


Hotels don't have to be expensive, if you don't mind something more spartan. You can spend as little as 2300 Yen per night - and that's in Tokyo. Try looking at:
www.newkoyo.com
www.sakura-hotel.co.jp
www.shrek-watta-house.com
www.tamaryokan.com
www.tokyoryokan.com
www.jyh.or.jp/english/
www2.dango.ne.jp/kimi/ryokan.html
www.libertyhouse.gr.jp
www.juyoh.co.jp/
www.palace-japan.com/english/
www.palacesidehotel.co.jp
www.o-e-h.com
www.Kyotojp.com
www.hotel-toyo.jp/
http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~innkawa/page007.h…

www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/
www.superhoteljapan.com/en/
http://www.kid97.co.jp/~jeh-group/jeh-gr…

In fact both the Toyoko Inn and Superhotel are chains and have hotels all across Japan.
You don't have to sell your soul for food either - you can get by on less than $30 per day, if you choose wisely and don't overindulge.

Try looking for a JR Rail Pass as well (see www.japanrailpass.net) and you can ride to your heart's content across Japan. You must get it before you arrive in Japan though.
There are ways to travel Japan on a budget, comfortably and without being a tightwad all the way through either.

No comments:

Post a Comment