Monday, September 5, 2011

Okay, exchange student to Japan?

Question:


Okay, a few years ago, I got the chance to go to a Japan. I was going to go to a boarding school and get all this stuff done to make this happen. But then. . . I decided not to go. I have no idea why. I'm now a Junior, and I am looking back and wondering, WHY THE HELL I WOULD JUST PUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT INTO THE TRASH! I was wondering, if there are any programs that will allow a group of teenagers to go into Japan for a month. Or a few weeks. And at least go to a school and learn they're culture and stuff. That would be pretty cool. Its a pretty weird thing to ask. But I dont care about the money, nor the time into it. I just wanna know if there are any programs that offer that. Please... if you know, anwser. And Its really late at night, so, forgive me.

Answer:


YFU and Rotary both have exchange programs that would allow you to go there anywhere from a semester to a year. But you would be taking time out of school. It doesn't usually delay your graduation but you would have to talk to your school counselor about it. I went through YFU for a summer exchange and will vouch for their program. Usually they place you with a host family and you get to go to high school there.

But no, there is nothing that just takes a group of students around for fun.

www.yfu-usa.org/
www.rotary.org/youthexchange

No comments:

Post a Comment