Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I would like to visit Japan during Dec. 2012, what to aspect?

Question:


At most I would stay a month. Will I need a visa and if so how do I obtain one? Ive never been out country before so I wouldn't know. Can anyone recommend a small 'remote' snowy onsen? While I want the snowy onsen more could someone suggest one that has a good place to shop? Also if I wanted to go to Tokyo or Kyoto for a couple of days whats the best travel means? Lastly if I wanted to buy a plant or maybe a cat could I and get it home to the States?

Answer:


You won't need a visa to enter the country as a tourist. There are plenty of onsen areas in Japan. I recommend Naruko onsen in Miyagi prefecture - very nice. However, there are many others nyuto onsen in Akita, Zao onsen in Yamagata, Beppu onsen is very famous. Beppu is in the South though, so maybe less snow. There are not many mixed onsen - I have never seen one, but I have heard of them. You will need to track them down.

To get a snowy onsen, you are looking at Northern Honshu or Hokkaido. Tokyo is kind of in the middle of honshu, while Kyoto is further West. You will need to travel long distances. You could do this relatively cheaply by overnight bus, but shinkansen will be cheaper and easier.

Forget about importing living things from Japan - it's not worth the time or expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment