Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What is the best way (cheapest) to book a flight to Japan for one year?

Question:


Now please, don't answer my question with more questions. That solves nothing since we can't confer regularly.
Basically, I'm preparing to book a flight into Japan for one year on a placement out there. I'm clued in on immunizations, visa requirements and receiving a letter of invitation to allow me in there.

I'm trying to work on a budget for doing this, so I'm trying to work out what would be the best way to book such flights. Website manifests have no dates a year later to select so I'm guessing an open return might be suitable.

Does anyone know of any good websites where I can book a cost effective (as cost effective realistically as one can attain) one year flight to Japan? I'm looking at different Prefectures such as Mie, Shimane or possibly Ehime.

Answer:


One year tickets are always the most expensive. Some allow open dates and others don't. But you also should learn what the date changes fees are if any by having such a ticket. And it doesn't do you any good having an open ticket if you plan to come back during a peak travel period, like the start/end of the year, summertime, etc.

You can try looking at some websites like www.mobissimo.com but you may need to start calling up some agencies like HIS, IACE, JTB, etc and ask, since discount online sites don't deal much with one year tickets. And the more competition the airline has, the better the price is likely to be for you, so branch out and look into going by way of Seoul as well through Asiana or Korean Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment