Friday, October 28, 2011

Is it hard to start a new life in Japan (Housing/Employment)?

Question:


I'm a 29 year old, Japanese American with a dual citizenship in both countries. My Japanese is pretty bad and I don't have a degree.
I'd like to teach English but I hear that it's a pretty competitive industry and most teaching employers require a degree and some type of cert.
So my question is: Would I be able to accommodate myself in Japan if I move out there permanently? Will I be able to find a job and a place to live?

Answer:


If you're 29, you can't have dual citizenship. That stops at age 22 or so. It's either one or the other.
You need a BA / BS degree to get a work visa. This is what the Japanese government requires, not the schools.
Not knowing Japanese means you're more American than Japanese. I don't think you can make it there. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment