Friday, October 28, 2011

Should I go to Tokyo or Hokkaido in Nov/Dec?

Question:


I don't really like historical stuff...temples etc. And looking forward to snow(:
And I'm going with my mum...I'm like 13 next year when I go there. And which is cheaper?

I LOVE TOTORO!!

Answer:


You'll probably end up flying into Narita (because it's Japan's international airport) so you'll probably have to room very close to Tokyo for at least a night or so. Hokkaido is way up north, and in November an December there is going to be snow and it's going to be cold. I've never been up to Hokkaido myself, but I've always wanted to go. If you're worried about historical stuff, don't be. Tokyo is very modern as are cities in Hokkaido such as Sapporo.

Definitely check out the Sapporo snow festival if you're there at the right time. So I'd go for Hokkaido.

As for the price, a flight to Japan is pretty pricy no matter what. And once you land you have to pay for transportation to get to Hokkaido. This could be a domestic flight or a train. And then of course there's hotels meals etc. No matter how you slice it, I don't think it'll be cheap.

So if you want to base your choice on money, stay in Tokyo. If you want to base your choice of what you really want to do. Go to Hokkaido. Personally I like dreams better than money.

No comments:

Post a Comment