Saturday, November 12, 2011

Difficult to fit into Japanese society?

Question:


Is it really that difficult to integrate into Japanese social circles?

I often heard that they are friendly and polite when they first get to know you, but subsequently, it is hard to fit into their circles and to get to know them better. I meant GENERALLY of course. Is it true?

Answer:


If you want, you can participate in a variety of community activities in Japan. However, whether or not you can be accepted is not certain. It is totally up to your common sense, comprehension of Japanese culture and language.

But why do you want to get into Japanese community? If I was a foreigner in Japan, I would never try to do that by compromising myself. I would keep a certain distance; it would be more comfortable to you and the Japanese people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment