Friday, November 11, 2011

Good Japanese forwarding services?

Question:


what are some good Japanese forwarding services? I live in the US and i want to buy something from a store in Japan and i need a company to send it to me in the US. I've seen some companies that will forward your package but they will charge crazy fees that will almost double the price of the item of i want to buy. Anyone know any good services?

Answer:


The ones I hear most people (in the circles I hang in anyway) use are either Noppin (formerly Crescent Shop) or Celga. I personally use Celga, though a lot of people seem to prefer Noppin and both are very reliable (though I'd advice reading through both service's FAQs beforehand).

Yes, they both charge fees (haven't seen a forward/shopping service that doesn't), but whether or not they're "crazy" is relative. And I'm pretty sure that both services only handle "internet orders", rather than sending people to a physical store to pick up an item. Still, for Japane-only stuff, shopping services are one's best bet (short of getting a Japanese friend who'll buy things on your behalf).

No comments:

Post a Comment