Friday, November 11, 2011

When should I apply for a student visa to Japan?

Question:


I will be going to Japan for Grade 12 and I will be leaving early september and coming back late june. I was just wondering when I should apply for a visa? Also, how do you apply for health insurance and Alien Registration?
Thanks!

Answer:


EDIT:

Your school should be the one working with you on getting things like visa's in order. This is generally not something you do by yourself, but rather working with the school to accomplish.

Usually it can be up to six months in advance but again the school should be working with you on the matter of the exchange.

Health insurance is if you are staying in Japan for one year or longer, you will only be in Japan for only a few months. Alien Registration is done at the local city office of where you will be living in Japan. I assume you will have a host family and the school in Japan should be working with you on that aspect after you arrive in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment