Wednesday, November 30, 2011

To Japanese, or Foreigners in Japan (especially Fukuoka)?

Question:


I am from New Zealand. I will be going to Fukuoka from December 6 to January 4 and I was hoping to get some counsel from Japanese people or Foreigners living in Fukuoka. If you can contribute any advice at all please do - I would be very grateful.

1. I was wondering, as a man, who is 18 years, 183cm tall, and 93kg, would I be able to buy clothes in Fukuoka at reasonable prices? What kind of price?

2. I will be staying with a family with five kids, aged 4 - 16 years. Should I bring gifts for each of them, or is a family gift, such as Manuka honey enough? Would a 16 year old boy like a Rugby shirt, and would younger girls and boys like things like kiwi plush toys, or Maori designed necklaces? Any suggestions?

3. Is food expensive? What is the cost of eating, etc? What is the cost of the average “nice” Japanese soft drink?

4. How many sets of clothes should I pack? An outfit for every day? Would it be seen as weird to wear the same winter jacket every day when going out?

Thank you very much. If I come up with more questions, I hope that I can ask.

Answer:


1.) I would suggest bringing clothes from home

2.) I have no idea

3.) Yes food is expensive. The cost of produce here is high IMO. My food budget is higher than most places I have lived (USA, Canada, Russia, Holland). Soft drink is about 125 yen for a bottle.

4.) No I wear the same winter jacket daily and don't think it's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment