Sunday, April 17, 2011

How do I go about donating the money I've raised to Japan?

Question:


I've raised about 500 dollars for Japan, but I don't know where I would go to donate it.

Answer:


Adults have an incentive to donate to the American Red Cross, because it gives them a tax deduction. You can do that too, but keep in mind that last check, the American Red Cross hasn't figured out what to do with the donations they've collected for the Japanese earthquake and tsunami relief.

If you don't need a tax deduction and would like your money to go immediately to Japan, sending it to the Japanese Red Cross is the best bet.
http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/relief/l4/V…
They still suggest donating to the American Red Cross first, but they also tell you how to send directly to Japan too. International bank fees are expensive, so something like paypal might be a way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment