Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Who/where can I find the best YUKATA maker in all of Japan?

Question:


I've read many blogs prior to posting this. Alot of them direct me to online shops like Rakuten and Ichiroya.

But I'm asking where do they sell the best Yukata in the world, in terms of traditional craftmanship, customization, quality, and famous dyers.
Do tell.

Answer:


Ichiroya and Rakuten.

Seriously, I have bough yukata from all over, both in terms of internet shops and actual shops in Japan (including having one custom-made for me while living there) and they are all pretty much the same in terms of quality, craftsmanship, etc. If you want a designer yukata, your best bet is probably going to be Rakuten. Just keep in mind that if you aren't the same size as a typical Japanese person, it probably won't fit you properly. Also keep in mind that just because it's designer doesn't mean it's better (though spending more money might get you better quality, to a point -- you would want to make sure you're actually paying for quality, not just a designer name).

No comments:

Post a Comment