Friday, June 3, 2011

Can you please help me translate this in to Japanese?

Question:


Hi, for Japanese class I have to write an autobiography in Japanese. I am not very good at putting together sentences so please help me. Do not use a computer translater.
"Specifacly I want to go to Tokyo and old shrines." Thanks ^.^

Answer:


I'll give it a shot:

Gutaiteki niwa, Tokyo ni ikitakute jinja ni otozuretain desu.
具体的には、東京に行きたくて神社に訪れたいんです。

I guess back-translating it would be (with footnotes in parentheses):

Specifically (although you almost don't need this word-gutaiteki isn't quite 100% appropriate in this context, but your call), I want to go to Tokyo and I want to visit (old is almost implied, so I didn't put it in the Japanese) shrines.

Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment