Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How to say "I am as + adjective + as you" in Japanese?

Question:


for example,
I am as tall as you
I am as fast as you

etc...

Thanks!

Answer:


You could use ... のように ... (no youni)
私はあなたのように速く watashi wa(ha) anata no youni hayaku
I am as fast as you

If you want to same "the same", you would use ... と同じ (to onaji)
彼はあなたと同じ kare wa(ha) anata to onaji
He is the same as you

If you want to say that someone does something like someone else, you would use ...とみたいに (to mitai ni)
スポーンジボブとみたいに笑う suponjibobu to mitai ni warau
(subject) laughs like spongebob <--- haha I love spongebob :) <3

When speaking Japanese, it is not necessary to include subjects unless you are being formal so I showed that by not using the subject in the last example.

Hope this helps! (≧∇≦)/

No comments:

Post a Comment