Thursday, June 23, 2011

Needs to withdraw and send money urgently in Japan?

Question:


My sister is dealing with a situation that is extremely complicated in New York and I want to help her out by wiring some money to her. I am currently in Japan but holds a Mastercard from a bank with no local branch here. I have tried to send her the money online but failed many times both with Western Union and Moneygram. Is there anywhere I can withdraw the money in cash? The Japanese local banks will not do it... Please help me.

Answer:


I can't say that I am 100% positive that this works for Mastercard.
But all 7 Elevens over there should have international ATMs. I used to withdraw from them all the time (but with a Visa, Bank of America card). You should definitely check one out though. There are tons of 7 Elevens around Japan.

Also, although less common, citiBank ATMs will also let you withdraw cash from your account. Like I said before, I used Visa, so I'm not completely certain, but I have never heard of any other study abroad students with an issue with withdrawing from these two places (surely one of them had to have a Mastercard).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment