Friday, June 10, 2011

People living in Japan, who is more popular right now, KARA or SNSD?

Question:


Which group is more popular in Japan right now? I know they are both quite popular, but I'm just wondering

Answer:


From what I heard and my best guess, I would say it's KARA.
To see whether I'm right, I googled the words below with the search scope restricted in the past one year and month.
1. KARA 韓国 アイドル site:jp
2. SNSD 韓国 アイドル site:jp
*By adding "site:jp" it's possible to narrow down the search area within Japan domain.
**韓国 and アイドル means Korea and pop idols in Japanese, respectively.

We have:
Past 1 year : KARA 2,120,000 vs SNSD 327,000, fraction 6.5.
Past 1 month : KARA 573,000 vs SNSD 75,000 fraction 7.6.

Since the fraction rise from 6.5, within one year, to 7.6, within one month, not only KARA attracts more Japanese people than SNSD but also the growth rate in popularity beats SNSD.

Given this, I would say the winner is KARA.
It also confirms my guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment