Friday, June 10, 2011

What is the name of this Japanese game?

Question:


my bro' told be about this game in japan, you get a teddy and sew up its eyes with red string, and then hide the teddy, or something like that, then you hide and say something and the teddy appears and that means you have been cursed. can you tell me more about the game, my bro' also told me that many people die after playing the game, or if u play it while other people are in the house then they could get the curse and die, i want to do the game. i dont really believe it

Answer:


It's called hitori kakurenbo or something, and I happened to know since it's a popular activity among the participants of the Occult board of 2ch.net(you know the big famous BBS), which I visit occasionally.
Your are right about cursing. Your description of the activity is not exactly correct according to the wiki article of it, I mean like there are some more necessary tasks and you don't sew up the teddy bear's eyes.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%B2%E…
Some people may try to translate this into English. You can just sit there and hope some people will do. Or ask me to do the task, in which case you send me $64.16 in exchange of labor via paypal. You can contact me for inquiry, if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment