Friday, June 10, 2011

Will I have a problem getting from Tokyo train station to Narita Airport?

Question:


I have a 14 hour layover in Tokyo and plan on seeing the city before I have to be at Narita airport. I have read that the trains can sometimes be full from Tokyo train station to Narita airport. I really dont want to miss my flight. Is this gonna be a problem or will I easily be able to find a spot on a train?? How much extra time should I give myself to make sure it works OK??

Thanks for any help, Bryan

Answer:


The fastest ways in are the Narita Express, and the Keisei Skyliner. You should give yourself a good 4 and a half hours minimum for getting through Japanese Customs, transit, returning, and going back through security and making your flight.
If you are going all over Tokyo, then a subway day pass (about 1000 yen) can speed things up for you and save you some money.
The website below is for people with less time, but there is info you will find helpful:
http://www.mgnewman.com/Naritax/
Finding a space on train should not be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment