Thursday, July 28, 2011

Advice on using a language exchange program?

Question:


I've always known about these, but I never really considered joining one until recently. I want to learn Japanese, and I've been to websites where someone wants to learn english and will "exchange" their language-they'll teach japanese, and I would teach them english.

I see that these websites could be really helpful in my learning of this language, but I'm not sure I'd be a good study partner. Even though I speak english(my native tongue), I'm not sure if I can *teach* english very well. I was always nervous I couldn't be a very good english teacher. Has anyone else had this problem/conflict? I'd appreciate your thoughts and tips. Thank you! :)

Answer:


You could go to lang-8. It's a a language exchange developed in Kyoto. You write a diary of your day, or anything really in the language you are learning, and other people correct it. Then you can correct the grammar and answer questions based on your own language. It's also a good way to make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment