Thursday, July 28, 2011

Guide on moving to Japan にほん てんじゅう?

Question:


I have finally decided that I will move to the land of the rising sun. It has always been my dream to move to japan, I feel like I was meant to live there. I live in England and to be honest there is nothing wrong with where I live but I just think I would much better prefer the culture and customs of japan.

I have started to learn japanese and I can now construct words in hiragana and recognise japanese speech but of course it won't end here, its just the beginning ^^ Any tips on learning japanese?

I am 17 and I understand how hard it is to get citizenship or permanent residence and understand that ill need a degree if I'm to find work: I have no idea what I want to do when I'm older... Any ideas of what to study to find a decent job in japan? (apart from teaching... I already know about that)

I want to buy a house there too and maybe able to pay for the house upfront without a loan. Any places that are ideal to live in (inside tokyo) that are safe and cheap?

Do I have to watch out for racism and discrimination? " im already aware of the "no foreigner signs" ^^

How long will it take to acquire residency, what challenges will I face?

What kind of salary should I belooking to earn if I want to live comfortably and afford shopping and gaming and other leisure activities? ^^

Any thing else I should know?

Answer:


Here's an idea. When you turn 18 you can go there on a working holiday visa. You can stay there up to a year on that. This would give you enough time to decide if you like it or not.
Then you can return to England & get your degree.
Tokyo is the hardest place to find work there. But you never know. Nothing in Tokyo is cheap. A friend of mine was paying almost $800 a month for a small studio apartment.
There are few no gaijin signs these days. You have to be there for at least 5 years to get a permanent resident card. Citizenship is much harder .
It's all possible. Stay in school and do the best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment