Thursday, July 28, 2011

Japanese exchange program?

Question:


I want to do an exchange when I'm about 16 or 17 (I'm only 14). I live in Canada Ontario. So I need a good exchange program that is for Canada. A lot of sites were only for Americans (ugh :P c’mon people, Canadians want to go to other places too!) Something that is YEARLONG and I go to a Japanese Co-ed high school, and I stay with a host family. The price can’t be a lot. Like I don’t know how much a lot would be for this, but I don’t need to go to some high class high school for the rich! I just want to go to a normal Japanese high school where most normal Japanese teens go. I don’t think one where we do a switch with the host family would be a good thing. So it would just be me going to japan and not having the host families son or daughter go to Canada and live with my family. We had a Korean girl stay with my family a couple years ago and it didn’t turn out too well. My dad didn’t like her very much (she was a spoiled brat, pretty much. She was rude to everyone. My family would say no anyways :P haha bad experience). So, if someone could tell me a good exchange program is, and has the requirements that I need, that would be perfect! :D Maybe some to avoid that aren’t very good. What do you think is the cheapest price I can get? What is the most this trip would cost. How much money would I have to bring for my own spending money? Any tips? Haha, thanks! :D

Answer:


Try Rotary! :) There are rotary clubs all over the world, just try to find the one closest to you. They find a family for you, pay for your school, take you on trips, and even give you a monthly allowance. All you have to pay for really is your plane ticket, a visa and passport, and insuarance! :)

www.rotary.org

and here's a link on information on the exchanges!
http://rotary.org/en/StudentsAndYouth/Yo…

Browse around the site for more info :)
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment