Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are there pharmaceutical painkillers in Japan that are derived from Opiates?

Question:




Answer:


Instead of just thinking things and assuming my opinion is valuable, I can actually tell you the answer: Yes, but you are not getting them unless you are in dire condition.

I mean cancer, basically. That is the only time I've ever seem them around. Codeine-based products are extremely common, however, even in the OTC market.

Needless to say, Japan isn't like the USA where "ouch my finger hurts"= "Oxycontin!!!." However if you have major surgery or some sort of preexisting back condition or whatever physicians can prescribe them. They just aren't around, and there is no stigma of drug addiction in Japan because drugs just aren't as widespread as they are in the USA.
I would not expect getting them unless you are either going through cancer treatment or having a major surgery/or a condition that involves that level of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment