Saturday, August 27, 2011

Churches in Kyoto, Japan?

Question:


Hi... I'm staying in Japan for a year next year, in the Kyoto area. I'm a Christian and I really want to be able to still attend a church whilst I'm there cos it's really hard to stick to your religion otherwise... I'm going as an exchange student but I don't know where about's. I don't mind if the church is conducted in English or Japanese, As long as it is near Kyoto or in it. Your input is much appreciated. I will still visit shrines and stuff but I want somewhere to practice my religion and being able to connect with others who share my religion. THANKS!!! I appreciate it!!!!!!
God Bless

Answer:


I can help you.
But what is your denomination?

For example:
Catholic
Church of Kawaramachi (Saint Francis Xavier Cathedral)
Lutheran
Japan Evangelical Lutheran Church of Kyoto
Anglican
Saint Agnes Cathedral
United Church of Christ in Japan
(Protestants: Methodist/Presbiterian/Reformed, etc)
Kyoto Marutamachi Church
Orthodox
Holy Annunciation Cathedral
If you specify the domination, I can give you more information.

OK. There is no Church of Christ in Kyoto.
You can go to any church of United Church of Christ in Japan (日本基督教団).
http://uccj-kyoto.com/gmap3b.html
Among them, I recommend to you Doshisha Church.
http://www012.upp.so-net.ne.jp/doshi-ch/…
This church is also the chapel of Doshisha University, one of the most prestigious Christian universities in Japan.
Famed for its liberal and ecumenical atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment