Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How do Japanese animators draw White/Caucasian people?

Question:


I ever saw Japanese cartoons, anime, and caricatures, and thought that the characters were all White. I thought that the reason was that those cartoons were versions for export.

Recently, I discovered that Japanese don’t see those drawings as white people, and the same cartoons are for the Japanese market. Those characters are intended to look Japanese.

So, I want to know how Japanese draws White/Caucasian people.

I looked for it on Google, but found not a single image.

Can you answer with images of White/Caucasian characters from the Japanese Cartoons/Anime? (Or at least give me a clue on what to search)

_

Answer:


White people in Japanese anime typically have blond hair and blue eyes. That's one big distinction.

Another is that white people in anime have a tall nose because they are believed to have a tall nose.

That's how white people are differentiated in anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment