Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Would it be safe to live in Kobe, Japan, in 2016, because of all thats happening there?

Question:


I am a half Japanese, half American girl and had to evacuate from japan to america ,because of what is happening there. No offense but I HATE living here!!! I miss japan so much. I do not want to go to college here, and would much rather go to a good college in Tokyo, called Sofia College ^^. would it be dangerous to live in Tokyo? I am a little unsure of drinking their water (even though I am from japan T^T) so I would probably go to Costco every other week and buy a lot of packs of bottled water, and buy groceries that are from and packaged in a different country. After I graduate college in 2016, I would like to move to Kobe, since it is like my hometown 'Yokohama'. But Yokohama is far too dangerous now :'( I wish there was never an earthquake. It ruined my life, and happened on my birthday D;.

Anyways would it be safe to live in Tokyo, and attend college, and then move to Kobe? I miss japan so much , and don't want to live in USA for rest of my life~!

Answer:


Wouldn't you think Japan's more safe now that a major disaster has already happened? Those don't happen too much, so there may not be another for a century. You never know.

Kobe was hit by a huge earthquake not so long ago, and they had to rebuild a lot of the infrastructure. So, on the one hand it's good because things are built well and a big earthquake may not happen for awhile, but then again, you never really can predict these things.

The contamination in Japan isn't so bad that you would need to buy food from other countries. Anyway, doesn't the food have to enter Japan? Food entering Japan at Yokohama port, near Tokyo, is going to be closer to nuclear radiation than food produced in Kobe or more south.

Tokyo's one of the biggest cities in the world. Nothing has changed there much since the earthquake and tsunami. Life goes on.

So, you've got the money to live and go to school in Tokyo? Sounds wonderful. Take the chance if you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment