Sunday, August 7, 2011

What City is the Best to Live In/Raise a Family in Japan?

Question:


I'm talking jobs, parks, good schools, shopping, a very cultural Japan feeling. I want to FEEL like I really do live in Japan. I want the culture, the beauty, and the tradition. I'd love to see festivals, Japanese fairs and such.

Thanks! ♥

Answer:


Kyoto is a good answer, but the problem as I see it is jobs - that will dictate all the rest. I assume you don't have jobs yet? You could be an English teacher, but you can almost forget bringing up a family in Japan, if that's your plan - you'll both be working flat out to pay rent and put food on the table. You could try to get a job with a company. So what can you do which a japanese can"t? Maybe you have a PhD and can teach at a Uni - well, the one which hires you is the determining factor there. To come and bring up a family here, you're probably going to have to be working in a highly skilled profession, and at that point, you may have little choice where you work.

I think we'd need to know more about your potential to get a job before we could realistically hope to give you meaningful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment