Sunday, August 7, 2011

What is school life like in Japan?

Question:


My dad got a job transfer and now we have to move to Tokyo. I'm leaving next week. I'm going into the tenth grade. Plus I'm a Korean who has lived in America for ten years. I'm better at English than i am in Korean. I wanted to know if it would change anything. What is my school life going to be like there? My parents are really harsh and wants me to go to a legit Japanese high school. Thanks.

Answer:


I'm not sure which high school you are going to, but you seem to have passed the transfer exam.
Is that an international high-school, or a Japanese private school? School life varies, you know..
---------------
I think your parents should respect your feeling.... I would listen my child's wishes/opinions first in the same situation. Personally, I wouldn't do that to my child (who is half-Japanese and raised outside of Japan and not fluent in Japanese, and would have more stress in a 'regular Japanese high-school')
I'd recommend you to go to the international school that has enrolled you already, where you would feel more comfortable. (because there must be multicultural atmosphere in there as most of the students have different family/cultural background)

No comments:

Post a Comment