Sunday, September 25, 2011

Im japan crazy ... and i need personal insight?

Question:


I love Japan ... I love jpop I love anime I love the culture and history . So I want to move there when I'm older ... I'm 15 ... But I watched a documentary about how the Japanese are not very welcoming about foreigners and that has put me off big time . Also I'm 5ft 7 and I'm still growing so I'm scared if I go over there I'm gonna stick out like a giant walking among ants :(
please help me .... I need an opinion on what it will be like x

Answer:


Japan seems to come to two extremes when it comes to foreigners. What your heard in that documentary is very true, there is a rather distinct vein of xenophobia among some aspects if Japanese society. For example, there are some establishments (mostly bars and restaurants ) that have a strict 'no foreigner' policy.

This said though, other's who have been to Japan have reported the people there to be quite accommodating and helpful, so I guess it just depends on what your doing and who your dealing with (and, of course, how you act).

As for your height, i wouldn't be to worried about that. The average height of a Japanese male is 5 foot 7 and a half inches (source wikipedia), and most people top out around there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment