Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I want to move to Japan but I need help?

Question:


So I've decided I wanted to move to japan after high school, maybe. im a junior now...but I was wondering how to do this? I've looked up recent information but im still not sure. i really want to be a nurse here so i want to know if i can go to a trade school here and work at a hospital in japan with a trade school degree in nursing? What are the steps i can do to become a nurse or even a teacher there after i finish trade school here?

Answer:


I am sorry if this sounds offensive, but you sound like you have no idea how different things could be in different countries. It's not just about becoming a nurse. Japan is not a multiethnic or multiracial country like yours, assuming you are from the US. You might be picturing a scene in Grey's Anatomy and figure things are not much different over here. Sorry but that image is far out of sync with the reality here. Japan is still a very conservative, mono-ethnic, mono-racial society. Pretty much all the doctors and nurses here are Japanese and will remain so for a long time to come.
What I mean is it's not about whether you'll be able to get certified as a nurse or whatever job, it's more of a cultural or societal thing. In short, Japan is not America.

No comments:

Post a Comment