Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Is Japan a good place to live? (manga artist to be)?

Question:


one day i want to go to japan and I want to become a manga artist i'm only 12 right now but i was wondering if japan was a good place to live. I am like a light caramel colored african american and i am already learning japanese. i hope to speak it fluently by 14 or 15 (that's my goal) my mom says for christmas i can get a savings account for it if i put my own money in of course she would help me) I want to go on a trip there when I'm 16 to see if i like it and if I do I'll go there to study manga and visual arts for college. I'm very good at art and I'm wonderful at manga males. I'm definetly working on my manga females and skill in general. Here is a picture of one of my recent arts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68159440@N07/sets/72157627673614073/

sorry for the lighting (ITS HORRIBLE) but i know its the third most expensive place to live and I'd most likely like to live in a city that is at least a little use to foreigners but at the same time is not TOO over powering because i like big cities but i at least want to know where I'm going :P I have a really good imagination and have some good ideas and I'd love to interpret it through art but not just any art (MANGA!!) because i enjoy doing it. So what kind of place would be good to live in? as far as finance and location. (Also put my wanted occupation into consideration if you can)

Thanks :)

Answer:


To add to what Louis has said, it would be better to gain employment first with small companies as an artist and then the big guys (whoever they are) at the same time learning the language. This will take years of course but you will develop along the way. You are much likely to stand a chance this way than as a fresher with no experience

No comments:

Post a Comment