Monday, October 31, 2011

What kinds of Mushrooms do like to use when you cook ?

Question:




Answer:


I was never much of a fan of mushrooms until I found one called Maitake. It is a Japanese mushroom that has a flavour I can't explain. It is rich, meaty, full of umami flavour and seriously delicious.

It looks like waves rather than a standard shape mushroom like button mushrooms etc and the Japanese name for it is dancing mushroom as the waves of it appear to be dancing in the wind.

They can be quite tricky to find in a normal supermarket, but they seem to be increasing in popularity so you may be able to find some in a speciality store.

If you have the chance to try them out, I am sure that you will absolutely love them. They taste so good, it has definitely become one of my favourite foods recently.

In fact, many other Japanese mushrooms are very good and I tend to prefer them over other types that I can normally buy in my local supermarket.

I recently write an article about Japanese mushrooms if you are interested in reading about shiitake, enoki, maitake and shimeji.
http://blog.japancentre.com/2011/09/23/1…

No comments:

Post a Comment