Saturday, October 22, 2011

Why isnt french cuisine popular ?

Question:


By popular I mean that it isnt as mainstream as italian, mexican, japanese etc.

I went to a french restaurant that was very high end called Bardot, we had some snail and some pasta whose name I cant pronounce. It was very expensive, and the only french restaurant in the city that I know of.

Answer:


I love French food, but I can't imagine it going mainstream mostly because it tends to be more complex, which usually means that it costs more to make, it also tends to use rare ingredients that can't be found every where which tends to also make it more expensive, as a result making it more of a once in a while occasion instead of a casual outing like mexican, italian etc. which makes it less mainstream

No comments:

Post a Comment