Sunday, November 27, 2011

Do Italians feel like food is a work of art?

Question:


I am doing a project for school and I need to know why food is important to Italy. I know that one reason is because it brings the family together. I am 1/4 Italian and I feel like Italians view food as a work of art, but I want to make sure that my info is accurate.

Thanks!

Answer:


It all depends on how you define "a work of art." Italians, as in other culture, consider cooking as a work of art - by that, there is a right way of cooking. If you define "a work of art" as to how food should be presented and look (like an art painting), other culture like the French and Japaneses have the handle on that. As a culture, Italians consider the "work of art" as into making the dish (there is a certain way of making/cooking them) and eating. It doesn't mean stuffing ones face but taking time and enjoying the food and companies. - Family mostly.
Here's a site on culture and Italians view of food. I would cut and paste, but the length might turn you off, and besides it is a better reading.

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/articles…

No comments:

Post a Comment